Monday, April 18, 2011

Vickers: ‘Other options on the table’ besides Red Bull for ’12

Brian Vickers ensured that he's about to have a very busy interview schedule in Talladega when he opened the door to a departure from Red Bull after the 2011 season.

In an interview with WSB Radio in Atlanta, Vickers noted that he's been satisfied with Red Bull and has no problems with the current framework: "I like Red Bull. I've enjoyed my time there as a Red Bull brand. I think I fit the brand and the brand fits me. There's no doubt about that ... And they allow me to do the things that I love to do and that is great."

Still, branding is branding, but business is business, and Vickers noted that there's always the possibility that he won't be at Red Bull. "[H]opefully we can both figure [winning] out together and I can finish my career out at Red Bull," Vickers said. "If we can't, then there's other options on the table and maybe we'll look at those. For right now, I'm committed to Red Bull and to this season and that's where my focus is as of right now."

WSB Radio noted that Vickers' future team partner could have a significant impact on his decision. After all, Kasey Kahne is gone after this year, and who's available? High-profile names like Carl Edwards, Clint Bowyer, Mark Martin and many others. If they're not available, Vickers could decide that he doesn't want to be part of the proverbial rebuilding operation.

Regardless, however, Vickers is far more centered now as a result of the illness that cost him most of the 2010 season. "Before I decided to come back racing, I accepted and I wanted to accept this, I wanted to accept mentally and emotionally with being okay with never racing again," he said in February just before Daytona. "And I got to that point. �I was okay with it, I was content, I was happy if I never came back ... For the first time, I would be content and happy where I'm at in life if I don't win a championship. �That being said, I probably want to win it more than I ever have in my life."

Still to be determined: whether that Cup will come while he's driving a Red Bull ride.

Brian Vickers not sure about 2012 [WSB Radio]

Diora Baird Laura Prepon Ashley Scott Michelle Behennah Julie Benz

No comments:

Post a Comment