Sunday, April 3, 2011

Anthony Kim plays well at the Shell, as you can tell

Anthony Kim, Anthony Kim ... oh, I remember him, future savior of golf before the Age of Rickie and Bubba. Whatever happened to him, anyway?

Kim's just fine, thanks very much, and even though his game has been hampered by injuries most of the last couple years, he's still got the chops to bust out an impressive round now and then. Friday at the Shell Houston Open, where he's the defending champ, Kim ripped off an 8-under 64 to put himself one stroke off Chris Kirk's clubhouse lead.

"I'm really pleased with my round today, obviously because of the score, but the fact that my coach and I have been working so hard on my game," he said. "It just hasn't clicked out there [until now] and I just haven't trusted it."

Rounds like Friday's will give you back some faith, however. Kim needed just 22 putts to get around the course, in part because he chipped in two balls from off the green.

Kim noticed former President George H.W. Bush observing him, and noted that the president had given him the trophy last year. Did he ask the president to get ready to hand over another one on Sunday? "I thought that would be too forward," Kim laughed.

Another day, another step on the road back. Maybe Kim will turn out to be what we thought he would after all.

Emma Heming Vitamin C Scarlett Johansson Christina Ricci Missi Pyle

No comments:

Post a Comment