Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tom Zbikowski would very much enjoy punching Chad Ochocinco

Baltimore Ravens safety Tom Zbikowski is a fighter. Not in the figurative "that guy has a lot of heart and won't give up" sense, but in the literal "that guy punches other people in the face for money" sense.

He has a fight coming up on March 12 in Las Vegas, taking on Richard Bryant on the undercard of the Miguel Cotto vs. Ricardo Mayorga pay-per-view.

Monday on the Dan Patrick Show, Dan asked Zbikowski which NFL player he'd most like to fight. Via Pro Football Talk:

“Ochocinco talks like he can box,” Zbikowski said.

“I’d let it go for about 45 seconds,” Zbikowski said. “I’d let him know what a real jab feels like.”

What say you, Ocho? Are you ready to throw down in fisticuffs? Tweet about it:

@ you wana go nite nite, you want to box me, for 1 your feet are to slow and you've no hand speed to even be competitive

Boxing is indeed part of Ochocinco's workout routine, so he's not a complete stranger to the boxing ring. He's also very experienced in pretending like he wants to fight people. Shawne Merriman, Solomon Wilcots and Anderson Silva to name a few.

Zbikowski has responded to the response:

Dear Ocho Cinco (I won't call you Johnson cause you only get one name change in my book), thanks for following my career...You and me at M&T Bank Stadium, charity four-round boxing match. You wear Orange and Black and I will wear Purple and black. If we do it in May, that should give you enough time to get ready...You game?

It sounds wonderful, but odds on this actually happening are about 7,000,000-to-1. I guess the chances are improved, though, if a lockout happens and players no longer have to worry about following any league or team rules.

Still, I'd think the most likely thing is for the talk to continue, and for the fight to never, ever even come close to happening.

Avril Lavigne Bridget Moynahan Noureen DeWulf Nicollette Sheridan Amber Heard

No comments:

Post a Comment