Sunday, July 17, 2011

Even Congressmen enjoy making fun of Jay Cutler

Paul Ryan, a Republican congressman from Wisconsin, spoke Tuesday to The Economic Club of Chicago about his debt-reduction plan. If you'd like to know more about that, you can read the full transcript here. But if you're just here for the Jay Cutler jokes, you're my kind of person, so here those are for you:

"I want to thank you all for inviting me to speak. It was especially gracious of you to host me, even though I'm a Packers fan and I assume most of you are Bears fans," Ryan began.

"But that doesn't mean we can't work together. As chairman of the House Budget Committee, I stand ready to do whatever it takes to help you re-sign Jay Cutler. I'm here to talk about the economy today -- about the need to get four quarters of strong, consistent performance. That wasn't another Jay Cutler joke, I swear. It could be, but it's not," he continued.

Point, Paul Ryan. For a politician, that's high quality smack talk.

This all stems from Cutler's (non)performance in the NFC Championship game against the Packers last season. The Bears quarterback�spent about half of that game on the sidelines with a knee injury, one that a lot of people doubted really existed.

[Related: Jay Cutler engaged to reality TV star]

For about a week afterwards, Cutler was beaten mercilessly in the media. He was labeled everything from a quitter to a malcontent diva, and it seemed like the only people standing up for him were his teammates and a random blogger or two.

Anyway, this is what we should all be doing during the lockout -- not fretting over legal details, but reminiscing about the times when we did have football, and everyone could have a grand time arguing about Jay Cutler. I don't know what else you said, Congressman Ryan, but I thank you for your leadership on this Cutler issue.

Other popular stories on Yahoo! Sports:
? Raiders staffers must sell tickets to avoid pay cuts, layoffs
? Maria Sharapova to wear pricey earrings at French Open
? Y! Sports editor tries out for pro football team

Maggie Grace Luján Fernández Charli Baltimore Denise Richards Jennifer Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment