Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Few hugs and compliments following the fight, Cruz-Faber verbal feud to be continued

Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber kind of buried the hatchet after their fight on Saturday night. Faber was gracious in defeat, but you can bet when they meet again in the future for a third time, the trash talk will resume.

These guys don't like each other. Faber thinks Cruz is disrespectful and has a chip on his shoulder. Cruz has to be driven nuts by the fact that Faber is a fan favorite and he's not.

Both said they enjoyed dumping on the other during the lead up to UFC 132.

"It's fun. I'm a trash talker in the first place. I respect all the fighters out there, but even my best friends know I'm kind of a jerk sometimes," smiled Cruz.

Then came a little backhanded compliment for Faber.

"It was fun to talk trash. Sometimes it's easy to talk trash about a guy like Urijah," said Cruz.

The UFC bantamweight champ said he's adjusted to being the villain and there's probably little he can do to change it. So why stress over it?

"I can't control the crowd, but you gotta figure out a way to make it work for you. I can't remember the last time I got cheered for coming out for a fight. I just go with it. It hypes me up," said Cruz.

After the 12,947 in attendance at the MGM Grand Garden Arena went nuts for Faber during his walkout, Cruz even poked at the crowd by coming out to Maino's "Remember My Name."

Sophia Bush Megan Fox Michelle Malkin Charlies Angels Rose Byrne

No comments:

Post a Comment