Saturday, July 16, 2011

Marvin Austin threatens to ?spill the beans? on UNC after McAdoo petition denied

When news can out that Superior Court Judge Orlando Hudson denied the petition of former North Carolina defensive end Michael McAdoo to be reinstated at North Carolina, former teammate Marvin Austin did what any upset athlete would do -- he took to Twitter to vent his frustration.

McAdoo initially had been ruled permanently ineligible and had his appeal denied by the NCAA. Wednesday's hearing was his last chance to be a Tar Heel again.

When that didn't work out, Austin went on a 10-tweet rant noting he was frustrated with the ruling and even threatening to "spill the beans" but didn't elaborate as to what he was referring.

Here are the rest of his tweets in chronological order (spelling and punctuation remain unchanged):

This is so frustrating right now..I can't rap my head around it..I wish I could understand but maybe its not logical enough to understand

Twitter I'm not bitter I just don't like the way my friend, teammate, brother was mislead, misused, and ostracized from the program for the

Same reasons that others got suspended and are able to play for because I know exactly the details in each case and its noway that this young

Man should have his dram snatched from him like the #ncaa has done. I can tell you so many stories that would be mind boggling in comparison

I swear it is simply disheartning that the people our parents put there trust in to protect us really only care there gain solely

Trust me I know?I love my school..I chose to come here when nobody thought it was smart to do..but I just wish the administration stood

And stop the cowardly acts when the are in front of the ncaa and just tell them what you told us?don't turn and twist your story to look

Appealing to the Ncaa and pressure the 21 year old athlete to say and do things that aren't in there best interest?its so much that's not

Said it stings when I think about it Unc true fans understand how we as players love this place it tatted in blood for most guys on the team.

Austin taking his rant to Twitter is a little amusing considering it was his Twitter account that is credited with piquing NCAA curiosity into UNC in the first place. Before Austin briefly shut down his Twitter account, he posted pictures of himself at the gun range and bragged about spending $143 at the Cheesecake Factory. He also bragged about his trip to his hometown of Washington, D.C. and shopping sprees. Austin was dismissed from the North Carolina football team after it was discovered that he received improper benefits.

He was selected 52nd overall by the New York Giants in this past year's draft.

McAdoo was suspended the first three games of the 2010 season after it was determined he also had taken illegal benefits. On Nov. 12, the NCAA made him permanently ineligible. North Carolina appealed the decision, but it was upheld.

Sarah Silverman Larissa Meek Gina Carano Sanaa Lathan Ana Beatriz Barros

No comments:

Post a Comment