Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Today is #LETUSPLAY Day, and I refuse to celebrate

You probably woke up today and thought it would be just another average Tuesday. It's not, though. Today is very special. There's an online movement happening today.

I know! I'm excited, too, because online movements are always so awesome and effective.

Today is #LETUSPLAY Day, because the NFLPA has declared it so. #LETUSPLAY Day is a special day in which you, the loyal NFL fan, are asked to change your Facebook status, post #LETUSPLAY messages on Twitter and to sign an online petition, which, like all other online petitions, will be very important and consequential.

If you're so inclined, you can read more about what the NFLPA wants you to do here.

Myself, I'm saying no. No, I'm sorry, you don't get to have a #LETUSPLAY day. Instead, how about every day be declared #SHUTUPANDWORKITOUTDAY until you people can decide on the best way to divide up your billions?

How dare you ask people to "do [their] part as a fan," as if it's the fans who aren't doing enough here. You know what a fan's job is? It's to watch and enjoy this game. To spend money on tickets, television packages and merchandise. To submit our eyeballs to commercials before and after every single kickoff in a game. 

You know that gigantic pile of money you guys can't decide how to divide? That came from us. That was us, doing our part. It is not our part to take a side in your petty battle over who gets to roll around in more of that money.

This is not me taking a side in the lockout. This is me resenting even being asked to take a side. My side is "shut up, work it out, and play football." I don't care what you do or how you do it. I don't even want to know. Quit trying to win sympathy and just figure it out.

Kylie Bax Diora Baird Laura Prepon Ashley Scott Michelle Behennah

No comments:

Post a Comment